Monday, August 13, 2012

Tool #7










Skype is the perfect tool for an online collaboration.  This will allow my students to step outside the community they live in without ever having to leave.  I plan to introduce my yearbook/newspaper students to students from another school by using Skype.  There they can share ideas and "pick the brains" of students who are in the same school setting they are.  I plan to use this at the beginning of the year when my students are creating their ideas for the yearbook and ideas to use throughout the year.
I will also use Skype with my journalism students when we begin discussing current events.  They will be asked to talk to students from another state and/or country about what is going on in their surroundings.  What are things they struggle with or are faced with on a daily basis.  This will force the students to know that it is important to know what is going on around them.  They will also share with their new "online friend" something that is happening in our community and share their experiences.  They can then write about these on their blog for all to read and share on.

No comments:

Post a Comment